Lenton Times

The Magazine of Lenton Local History Society

 

Head Street - Lenton


Photographs | Family Memories | Street Map



Photographs
Click on each photograph below  to show the enlarged version

 

 

 

 

Photograph reproduced courtesy of Nottinghamshire County Library Service

 

Photograph Donated by Fred Pinfold & Mick Mason 

 

Photograph Donated by Fred Pinfold & Mick Mason 

 

 

This 1961 photograph shows the junction of Head Street and Kyte Street.  The entrance to Mount Pleasant can be seen off Kyte Street

 

 1950's photograph of Head Street at the junction with Willoughby Street.  
The shop on the left corner is "Shelbournes", while  on the right is the "Beer-off".
Across Willoughby Street on the right hand corner is "Nielie’s" shop.
At the bottom to the right of the parked car on Lombard Street is the local Sunday School Mission.

 

 1950's photograph of Head Street from the bottom of Kyte Street. This photo shows an area that was known locally as "Lockies". The original house on this site was demolished around 1950. The wall around "Lockies" was left up until much later and the area inside the wall was used as a bonfire site.

 

 

Family Memories

Len Taylor recalls the Willoughby Street area of his childhood

 

Do you have any historical information or other photographs of this street?  If so, email us with the details or write to us.

 

All material on this site not covered by other copyright and not explicitly marked as public domain is © Lenton Times 2010 and must not be used without permission